Since our serving sizes are so big, we had to put a lot of work into fine-tuning our blend of Coconut Nectar (Low GI & nutrient-rich), Lo Han Fruit and Stevia (both zero-calorie, zero impact on blood sugar) to achieve the lightly sweet taste of Ka'Chava with only 8g of sugar (Vanilla) and 9g (Chocolate).
There are also trace amounts of naturally occurring sugars coming from many of the fruits and veggies in Ka'Chava as well.
However, the majority of sugar listed on our label comes from the coconut nectar. This raw, low glycemic, and nutrient-rich ingredient comes from the sweet sap of the flowering stems of the coconut blossom, which is then evaporated at low temperatures.
Here are some of the health benefits of coconut nectar:
· Low glycemic – not causing blood sugar spikes
· Wide spectrum of B vitamins and vitamin C
· Rich source of minerals such as potassium, magnesium, zinc, and iron
· High in prebiotic fiber (FOS) and inulin that aid in digestion
· Contains 17 amino acids – including all 9 of the essentials
· A whole food and unrefined sweetener
· Not chemically treated or processed
· No additives or preservatives