Each serving of Ka’Chava contains just 6 or 7 grams of sugar, depending on the flavor. Our lightly sweet taste comes from a blend of low-glycemic coconut nectar and lo han fruit, a natural zero-calorie sweetener that has no impact on blood sugar.
There are trace amounts of naturally occurring sugars coming from many of the fruits and veggies in Ka'Chava as well. However, the majority of sugar listed on our label comes from unrefined coconut nectar—a nutrient-rich sap from the flowers of the coconut tree.
Here are some benefits of coconut nectar over other sweeteners:
- Not chemically treated or processed
- No additives or preservatives
- Low-glycemic—it does not significantly raise blood sugar
- Source of electrolytes and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, zinc, and iron
- Contains prebiotic fiber and inulin, which aid in digestion
- Source of 17 amino acids
- Contains B-complex vitamins and vitamin C